Fastest WordPress theme security
A WordPress theme is the face of your website. With hundreds of free and paid themes options, it becomes overwhelming to choose a theme that aligns with your business type. While different themes cater to different markets, choosing a secure theme is equally important as choosing an aesthetically pleasing one.
Let us know why and how by reading further.
What is a secure theme?
A secure theme is a template with clean code and no malicious ware. It does not include any vulnerabilities or security holes, is updated from time to time, and has no bugs. Such a theme could be called a secure and the fastest WordPress theme.
BTW, if you are interested in topics like this, click here.
Secure WordPress themes are important for reasons more than one. They avoid compatibility issues as they are updated regularly and do not allow hackers or trojans to interfere and exploit the website data. A few bullet points you might as well want to check are:
- A secure theme always has technical support.
- The theme is kept up to date with a list of updates mentioned.
- Has clear information about the developer team of the theme.
- The same developer team shall also have other themes under its name.
- A secure and safe theme shall always have possible installation issues, if ever occurred, mentioned on their site. Also, check for any security issues if they ever occurred. Check for possible security concerns. Read customer reviews.
Developing a security mindset:
We now know why considering security as functionality is important. Use the following three agendas to never fall in the trap of loosely secured themes:
- Do not trust any unreliable data. Should not trust Random inputs, third party APIs, or unverified. Always validate such information before taking any steps regarding the same. Negligence has brought no good ever.
- WordPress APIs are always more reliable than third-party PIs. Try to choose them over any other options as they are credible and compatible with WordPress core and plugins.
- Regularly updating your themes and plugins is equally necessary. Every update includes security fixes for your website. Not doing so can make your website slow and allow bugs to crawl in.
- Disable any themes and plugins editor. The theme editors’ built-in WordPress website dashboard could give access to the cPanel with malicious code.
- Use a WordPress firewall and security. Precaution never hurts more than the cure. Use the security options available.
Finding the right sources for secure WordPress themes:
Out of the innumerable free themes available online, we recommend using WordPress’s Official Theme Directory. It is authentic and lists only those free source theme pages that that clear a strict review process.
Other alternative theme page preferences have been in the market for quite a time providing various themes. But never miss checking whether they are safe or not. You could do that by following the steps mentioned below.
Ways to find out if your theme is secure:
Using the following tools, you can ensure if your Fastest WordPress theme is secure or not.
1. Using the Theme Check Plugin:
According to WordPress’s official review standards, the Theme Check plugin is an automated testing tool plugin that allows you to check every installed theme. It is an indicator of coding practice, efficiency, and security. A passing score in this test does not necessarily mean that the theme you have installed is perfect.
To use this plugin, you need to install and activate it. It is then an easy process to test your theme. Try not using a theme that fails the test. There will always be equally good or even better options available with similar functionalities and aesthetics.
2) Using the Theme Check Website:
Theme check website is an online website that checks for both proper coding and security. It checks the code through WordPress coding standards. Sharing its name with the plugin we mentioned above, it verifies the theme too, but without requiring you to upload or install any potential themes to your site.
This website is based on a fork of the Theme Check Plugin’s code repository and asks you to upload your theme zip file. After a complete verification of the file uploaded, an overall score and warning, if found, are provided with the results.
Consumers and developers both use it. Not having to install any theme on the site before testing it is the website’s main functional benefit.
3) WordPress hacked Help:
WordPress hacked Help enables you to scan and check your Content Management System to check integrity. It audits your files, checks for security threats, doe malware detection. It also offers a series of customized options.
The good part being, it provides a history of connection to your site n the past, including the failed connections. It prevents the use of PHP scripts on the “/uploads/”folder.
You can also use various other tools, plugins, and sites available online to check the security.
What if your installed theme isn’t safe?
If your selected one of the Fastest WordPress theme doesn’t clear the tests mentioned above, it is time to replace it and bring in a new theme. Changing themes on WordPress without losing customizations isn’t a hard task.
It is always wise to create a copy of your website and take a backup before making any real website changes just in case things go wrong. Using an intermediary file to check on the changes is also a good option to check the new theme’s reliability without losing any customizations or jeopardizing the site as a whole.
It might take time to find the right theme with all the functionalities and align it with your brand image. Simultaneously checking on if the theme you liked is secure could take time. But it is always better to invest a little time and not end up in trouble later.
Security is not something you should compromise on. It is an excellent reason as to why your visitors trust you. Connect to us for any help regarding theme security and updates.
If you want to set up a unique blog section for your website and are looking for assistance to plan a customized blog strategy along with a proper SEO plan for your business, you are already at the right place. Do Contact us at Helpbot for more information regarding this.